Homemade Chocolate Eclairs
Homemade Chocolate Eclairs are the ultimate indulgence for any dessert lover. These delicate pastries, filled with creamy custard and topped with rich chocolate glaze, are a classic French treat that never goes out of style. Whether you’re serving them at a special occasion or simply satisfying your sweet tooth, these homemade eclairs will surely impress.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in flour until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag and pipe 3-inch long strips onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C) and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until eclairs are golden brown.
- While the eclairs cool, prepare the custard filling. In a saucepan, whisk together milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Let the custard cool.
- Cut cooled eclairs in half and fill with custard.
- For the chocolate glaze, heat heavy cream until hot but not boiling. Pour over chopped chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Dip the top of each eclair into the chocolate glaze and let it set.
- Enjoy your Homemade Chocolate Eclairs!
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 12 eclairs
Homemade Chocolate Eclairs are a delightful French pastry filled with creamy custard and topped with chocolate glaze. Make these at home for a sweet treat that’s sure to impress!
Nutrition Information (per eclair): Calories: 320, Total Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 120mg, Sodium: 140mg, Total Carbohydrates: 26g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 14g, Protein: 6g
Homemade Chocolate Eclairs are a labor of love, but the result is well worth the effort. These elegant pastries will make you feel like a pastry chef in your own kitchen. Share them with friends and family or savor them all to yourself. Bon appétit!