Banana Nut Protein Pancakes
Who doesn’t love waking up to the delicious aroma of fresh pancakes wafting through the air? These Banana Nut Protein Pancakes are the perfect way to start your day on a nutritious and tasty note. Packed with protein and the natural sweetness of ripe bananas, they are a guilt-free indulgence that will leave you satisfied and energized.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (for drizzling)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes hot, drizzled with honey or maple syrup.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Banana Nut Protein Pancakes are a nutritious and delicious way to start your day. Packed with protein and the natural sweetness of ripe bananas, they’re a breakfast treat you’ll love.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 280, Protein: 15g, Carbohydrates: 42g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 12g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 320mg
Whether you enjoy them with your morning coffee or as a post-workout meal, these Banana Nut Protein Pancakes are sure to become a favorite in your household. So, grab your apron and start flipping these wholesome pancakes that are as good for your taste buds as they are for your body!